Thursday, March 30, 2017

Casting

James/COO
Gina
CEO
CFO

These four roles are, at the moment, unoccupied. But that doesn't mean I have no one in mind. 

While James is essentially me, I feel I shouldn't play me, you see? I'm not a great actor, as my face isn't great at emoting. So I'll be shopping around, asking friends if they know anyone. All I need for the actor is to be able to pull off the two different sides of the person while making the contradicting character convincing. Should be quite easy, really.

Gina, I was envisioning, would be someone who can hold their own against James, who is not buying what he's selling by coming off smarter. I was also envisioning a bit of confused affection that doesn't necessarily have to be sexual. There has to be a reaason why she is around him when he acts like a know-it-all. 

The two Mighty's are tricky. The "characters" are based off real people, my friends, and they are as ridiculous as they seem. I thought that they could play themselves, and I think they'd be down to do it. The reason I want the first scene with them to be improvised was because I know I could roll camera and just let them rift. They can pull off the ridiculousness of the "Mighty's" because they do it in real life, while making them enjoyable to watch. How will it go over with people who don't enjoy their ridiculousness? No clue and that's the hardest part to nail.


No comments:

Post a Comment