Sunday, March 12, 2017

Peer Meeting

Well...

I don't think the peer meeting was exactly the home run I needed at the moment, but it was a nice single.

I told my group some of the thoughts I had (and lack of) and there was a consensus on a few things:

1) I need to start getting to work, like, yesteryear.
2) The idea is neat
3) The writing has to be really solid
4) I can be really bad at communicating my thoughts at times

There was also some suggestions:

1) Possibly work with the lighting for the different sides (though subtle)
2) Have different people playing the same person (that was then quickly deemed too confusing)
3) Have the character be with a lot of different cliques or groups and show how he (yes "he") is with different people and then show his true self at the end
4) Abandon the parallel structure (I said "Naw, I'm good)

I listened with no reservations or pre-conceived notions, nothing. I was open-minded about the thing. I needed a spark that just wasn't coming.

And it's a start.

Regarding this project, that is the most hopefully thing that has happened since Monday.

(Written Friday, March 10.)

No comments:

Post a Comment