Sunday, March 26, 2017

Driving at Night

There's no realistic way of actually shooting night. Even with current digital cameras that are able to capture low-light situations, the night is too dark that it's impossible to shoot without artificial lights.
The closest I've seen was this scene from Sicario, but even that.

The scene in question is the car scene with the Mighty's. I was thinking that since the energy crisis was occuring, that street lamps can't be in it. So, I've thought about how I could shoot the scene and came to a scene of Mad Men (Just finished season 5, so good). I noticed even though there are street lamps that provide light, there is a constant light on Don and Glen that isn't too bright and still allow the scene look like it's taking place at night.

Therefore, I need lights and I have time to play around with that.

And by the way, the car is going to be parked. No way I can film a driving car. The logisitical nightmare. Without a permit for filming on the road, the mounts, the rigs. I also don't have a green screen that big nor the software/ability to do that.


(Written Thursday, March 23rd)

No comments:

Post a Comment