Sunday, March 12, 2017

Honing the Purpose

Welcome all that actually read these.

Last week I had no direction on what this short would be. I knew that I liked Memento, and I wanted parallel storylines to converge into an epic conclusion, but no idea on what the situation, theme, or purpose was.

And I still don't. Well, that's not true. I have one of those things, which is the purpose of the story. Still no plot, characters, etc. but I know what story I want to tell. Am I making any sense?

OK, so I want this story to be about how regular people have different aspects of their personality and who they share themselves with it. Now, the character wasn't tortured as a child, doesn't have multiple personalities, nor a murderer, but a regular teen (yeah teen. I don't know any adults who would be willing to act.) We as human beings put on different masks on with different people, whether it be with a certain group of friends, the opposite sex, family, etc. We are slight variations of ourselves around other people. This begs the question: is there a true self? When does this person "come out"? (Well that's two questions, but that's irrelevant).

I find this extremely interesting and have no clue how it will be executed. Still no plot, characters, etc. but I know the purpose and I feel excited about it. The different scenarios that play out in my head is nearly overwhelming. But I'm confident I'll get something good out of this. Hopefully, sooner than later.

(This was written back on Tuesday, March 7.)

No comments:

Post a Comment