Friday, April 14, 2017

Why do We Trust Others?

I am not in the greatest of moods at the moment. My ""buddies" who were suppose to help me in my last scene have backed out. Now, They were the last scene I needed to shoot, so one can imagine I am very angry. However, as the professional I am, I have decided to re-write their whole section. The reason why Im not asking someone to take their places is because there are no one who can improve the way they can and there aren't a lot of people left in town.

So, instead of having another conversation with a bunch of stoners, I figured to take inspiration from real life and have them bail on James. He "talks" to them on the phone and at the last minute, they bail on him to babysit his brother and his friend (by the way, really happening). When he talks to them on the phone, he will be talking essentially what he says in the original conversation, disregarding the seriousness of the energy crisis. It ends with him watching TV with the kids as the power goes off.

This brings me back to the title: "Why do We Trust Others?" While this has little to do with the project, I feel that I put way too much stock into what people say compared to what they do. It's very hard to find someone who actually says what they plan on doing. People do what they want to do, disregarding what they said they would do and other people's dependency on them.

I guess this is a life lesson: to never put your eggs into one basket, or never to trust others with your project on the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment