Friday, April 14, 2017

Fin

Well, I'm officially done filming and three-fourths of the way done through editing. Where's the confetti?

Filmmaking, from what I've heard and experienced, is a pain in the butt. Things don't always go your way and one must compromise and find the next best way to do it. And really good things can come out of this. For example, there are some shots I wouldn't have gotten to shoot had my friends not dropped out. The shots I do get look great.

Is the story still the same? No.

Is it better or worse? TBD.

But I'm very happy doing this. Per my previous post (which I wrote on Thursday, published Friday), I was sick and tired of this project. I wanted it to be done with. When I shot my final scene, I was sad. I really enjoy filming, writing, and improvising on the spot. I don't even want other people to see it, not because I think it's a flaming dumpster fire (that's for you to decide), but because I don't want to hear other people's opinions. Not that I find their opinions worthless, but I'm going to be proud of the final product regardless of others' opinions.

So to celebrate the final shooting of the short, here's a funny clip.


No comments:

Post a Comment